I know it seems a little early to be thinking about Thanksgiving, but I must prepare. For some unknown reason (maybe it was a case of temporary insanity) I have decided to host Thanksgiving for the family this year. And poor Dad, I have roped him into it as well since I can not fit 30+ people into my tiny little place. To be truthful about it, I am very excited! I enjoy cooking and think it will be good for the family to get together for the holiday. While I am sad that mom will not be doing the meal (she was the one who hosted every year) I know that she will be there helping me out. She has to be...every time I have been in charge of making a large meal it took at least 4 calls to mom to be sure I was doing everything right. I would hate for my guest to get food poisoning. For those that will be attending - No need to panic - I really do know what I am doing. The only dish I will not be making is mom's oyster dressing, though a coworker says he has a recipe and will help me with it if I do want to make it. Yuck!!!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Thanksgiving
I know it seems a little early to be thinking about Thanksgiving, but I must prepare. For some unknown reason (maybe it was a case of temporary insanity) I have decided to host Thanksgiving for the family this year. And poor Dad, I have roped him into it as well since I can not fit 30+ people into my tiny little place. To be truthful about it, I am very excited! I enjoy cooking and think it will be good for the family to get together for the holiday. While I am sad that mom will not be doing the meal (she was the one who hosted every year) I know that she will be there helping me out. She has to be...every time I have been in charge of making a large meal it took at least 4 calls to mom to be sure I was doing everything right. I would hate for my guest to get food poisoning. For those that will be attending - No need to panic - I really do know what I am doing. The only dish I will not be making is mom's oyster dressing, though a coworker says he has a recipe and will help me with it if I do want to make it. Yuck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it wasn,t funny.
do we dare try the cooking. we will have a ton of food we always have plenty food. i will do the baking. we know that mom will be there with all of us to help keep us in line. sis
Post a Comment