
With Thanksgiving less than a week away the reality of it all is starting to set in! I am really looking forward to seeing everyone. I am also really excited about the actually cooking of everything. Of course, Mark will be on hand to help. He is the turkey master. I have never known anyone to baste a turkey as much as he does. The last turkey he made actually squirted as he tried to carve it. While we all like a moist turkey I do not think it is good when you need a raincoat to eat it. Let's hope he does not overuse his new baster this year. I am also in search of a cute apron for him. If anyone knows where I can get something really funny please let me know. I guess I could just make one myself. I would just have to come up with something really clever...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The good news is that I have finally set a menu. I have also lined up a few people to bring some of the items. The menu is below - please let me know if I have forgotten anything.
- Turkey
- Ham
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Carrot Casserole
- Corn
- Stuffing
- Oyster stuffing (mom always made it, but I have no idea who would or will eat this. Who ever eats it is in charge of making it in the future)
- Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Rolls
- Gravy
- Drinks
- Desserts (pumpkin pie, sugar cream pie, apple pie, peanut butter pie, butter cookies, persimmon cookies)
5 comments:
just call me the "MasterBaster"!
Oh, that is just wrong!!!!
MMMMmmm... that looks like a good menu, except for the oyster stuffing, which I also detest. My grandma makes it and she loves it. Poor Mike ate a big forkfull of it once before I had a chance to warn him! I thought he was going to cry. I ordered M. a "Kiss the Cook" apron online - I hope it gets here in time!!!
it will be an adventure like no other. does anyone have the poison control number in case we need it
leslie
Hey cousin, you guys did a fabulous job on Thanksgiving, and everyone had a great time, too!! You could definitely feel your Mama's presence!!:) Especially when a food fight almost erupted!!heehee I am a little upset, though, that Mark wasn't wearing that apron!! Have a great day!
Love ya! Molly
Post a Comment